The Mark Twain Wild West Fest to Round Up Vendors
All Day Street Fair, Saturday, October 15, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE
For additional info, please contact:
Christopher Buttner, Marketing Director
Angels Camp, California – September 1, 2016 – The Mark Twain Wild West Fest, Saturday, October 15, 2016, from 10 am to 5 pm, on Main Street in historic downtown Angels Camp, is putting the final call out to rustle up additional vendors. Over 6,000 to 8,000 people are expected to attend making the Mark Twain Wild West Fest the last big Calaveras street party and vending bonanza event that will close out the warm weather festival season with a bang.
The festival is expected to feature 80 vendors and purveyors of all products, including arts, crafts, food, beverages, and local services, but festival logistics have been improved to allow for the addition of up to 20 more vendors. Businesses and artisans wishing to secure vendor space may submit their application online at http://marktwainwildwestfest.com/vendors/
The newly launched website offers a fast and easy vendor application process and payment interface. With both Super Early Bird and Early Riser special discount opportunities sold-out, the cost-effective Mark Twain Wild West Fest is offering the remaining 10×10 vendor spaces for $150.00 if paid by September 30, 2016. For Angels Camp Business Association Members, vendor spaces are only $100.00 and Non-profit vendor spaces are a mere $40.00. Become a member of the Angels Camp Business Association for $75 and get your vendor space at the $100 member rate. Membership is good through 2017, so participating companies will be eligible for the member rate for the 2017 Mark Twain Wild West Fest.
The Mark Twain Wild West Fest promises to be a living interpretation and celebration of the 19th Century Wild West Gold Rush-era of the Sierra Nevada Mother Lode. Featured are three stages of non-stop music, comedy and entertainment; roving street performers, magicians, jugglers, musicians, honky-tonk piano players and dance hall girls; beer, wine and food; gun-slinging cowboys and outlaws and shoot-out reenactments, as well as villains and damsels in distress; gold miners, their encampment and gold panning demonstrations; a flapjack breakfast, and a custom car show. The day is capped by a 4-hour evening live music concert and dancing under the stars in Utica Park. Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend in costume… Wild West, Western, Gold Rush, Edwardian, Victorian, Gothic and even Steampunk attire of the era. Admission and parking are FREE all day.
ABOUT THE MARK TWAIN WILD WEST FEST:
The Mark Twain Wild West Fest began as the Gold Rush Day in 2012 to honor the special milestones in Angels Camp history. The 2015 event was cancelled due to the Butte Fire. As plans began in 2016, the Angels Camp Commemorative Committee realized not only did Mark Twain have a lasting influence on Angels Camp, where he found his voice and world-wide fame in the creation of his tale, The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County, but there was much more history to be told through the creation of a more dramatic, expressive, expansive and immersive Sierra Nevada Mother Lode historical festival event.
Volunteers are needed for set-up and clean-up, parking, traffic control and other duties. Contact email@example.com
- What: The Mark Twain Wild West Fest presented by the Angels Camp Commemorative Committee – http://www.marktwainwildwestfest.com
- When: Saturday, October 15, 2016
- Time: 10 am to 9 pm – Street Festival from 10 am to 5 pm – Utica Park Evening Music Festival: 5 pm to 9 pm
- Where: Highway 49, “Main Street” Angels Camp, California. Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/LxZeZe2NND62
- Admission: FREE!
- Age: All Ages and 21+ to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Attire: Period costumes strongly encouraged. Wild West, Western, Gold Rush, Edwardian, Victorian, Gothic and even Steampunk.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/marktwainwildwestfest
- Public Transportation and Parking: Complimentary shuttle service will be provided from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm from the parking lots at the Bret Harte High School (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Zg4PW59CVyu) and the Calaveras County Fairgrounds (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/hg92yEuxhYN2).
- Media Inquiries: Christopher Buttner: firstname.lastname@example.org