The Mark Twain Wild West Fest
All Day Street Fair & Evening Music Festival Announced for
Saturday, October 15, 2016, 10 am to 9 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE
For additional info, please contact:
Christopher Buttner, Marketing Director
Angels Camp, California – September 1, 2016 – The Mark Twain Wild West Fest has been announced for Saturday, October 15, 2016, from 10 am to 9 pm, on Main Street in historic downtown Angels Camp. The inimitable, immersive, description-defying, high-camp and whimsical Mark Twain Wild West Fest promises to be a living interpretation and celebration of the 19th Century Wild West Gold Rush-era of the Sierra Nevada Mother Lode.
Featured are three stages of non-stop music, comedy and entertainment; roving street performers, magicians, jugglers, musicians, honky-tonk piano players and dance hall girls; beer, wine and food; gun-slinging cowboys and outlaws and shoot-out reenactments, as well as villains and damsels in distress; gold miners, their encampment and gold panning demonstrations; a flapjack breakfast; over 80 street vendors of all descriptions including arts and crafts, and a custom car show. The day is capped by a 4-hour evening live music and comedy concert and dancing under the stars in Utica Park. Admission and parking are FREE all day.
In addition, historical impersonators and re-enactors from great literary figures, entertainers and iconic personalities who made the American West great will be in attendance, including Mark Twain himself. Entertainment will also feature a children’s storytelling workshop with Mark Twain, a Liar’s Contest for adults, and other activities for adults and children of all ages.
This year, the Mark Twain Wild West Fest is offering raffle tickets for $10 each with the grand prize of a 4.68-ounce Gold Nugget valued at approximately $6,000.00. Raffle tickets may be purchased online through the RaffleRiver.com, http://bit.ly/mtwwfraffle, or at the festival. Raffle ticket sales support of the production of the 2017 Mark Twain Wild West Fest.
Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend in costume… Wild West, Western, Gold Rush, Edwardian, Victorian, Gothic and even Steampunk attire of the era. Costume contests will be held throughout the day. In addition, this year the Manzanita Arts Emporium will host the Mark Twain Writer’s Round-Up, Friday, October 14 and Sunday, October 16, 2016.
ABOUT THE MARK TWAIN WILD WEST FEST:
The Mark Twain Wild West Fest began as the Gold Rush Day in 2012 to honor the special milestones in Angels Camp history. In 2015, the event was cancelled due to the Butte Fire. As plans began in 2016, the Angels Camp Commemorative Committee realized not only did Mark Twain have a lasting influence on Angels Camp, where he found his voice and world-wide fame in the creation of his tale, The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County, but there was much more history to be told through the creation of a more dramatic, expressive, expansive and immersive Sierra Nevada Mother Lode historical festival event.
VENDOR AND VOLUNTEER INFO:
Vendor space is currently available. To reserve, submit an application online or email email@example.com. Volunteers are needed for set-up and clean-up, parking, traffic control and other duties. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional event information and schedule of entertainment, visit: http://www.marktwainwildwestfest.com and for comprehensive visitor and lodging information, visit www.gocalaveras.com
- What: The Mark Twain Wild West Fest presented by the Angels Camp Commemorative Committee – http://www.marktwainwildwestfest.com
- When: Saturday, October 15, 2016
- Time: 10 am to 9 pm – Street Festival from 10 am to 5 pm, Utica Park Evening Music Festival: 5 pm to 9 pm
- Where: Highway 49, “Main Street” Angels Camp, California. Google Map:
- Admission: FREE!
- Age: All Ages and 21+ to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Attire: Period costumes strongly encouraged. Wild West, Western, Gold Rush, Edwardian, Victorian, Gothic and even Steampunk.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/marktwainwildwestfest
- Public Transportation and Parking: Complimentary shuttle service will be provided from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm from the parking lots at the Bret Harte High School (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Zg4PW59CVyu) and the Calaveras County Fairgrounds (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/hg92yEuxhYN2).
- Media Inquiries: Christopher Buttner – email@example.com