STREET CLOSURE & WEATHER FORECAST ANNOUNCEMENT
The Mark Twain Wild West Fest, Saturday, October 15, 2016, taking place on Main Street in historic downtown Angels Camp, advises all media outlets of the following important and time sensitive information.CalTrans will be closing Highway 49 in Angels Camp between Murphys Grade Road and Vallecito Road on Saturday, October 15, 2016 between the hours of 8:00 am to 6:00 pm for the Mark Twain Wild West Fest, which will be held on Historic Main Street in Downtown Angels Camp.
Northbound Highway 49 traffic will detour around Downtown Angels Camp from Highway 49 Northbound onto Vallecito Road to Highway 4 Westbound to Highway 49 Northbound. Southbound Highway 49 traffic will detour around Downtown Angels Camp from Highway 49 Southbound onto Highway 4 Eastbound to Vallecito Road and back to Highway 49 Southbound.
Street parking in Downtown Angels Camp is suspended for the festival between the hours of 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Local residents and businesses in the immediate Downtown Angels Camp area will have limited street access and are advised to move their vehicles out of the area between the aforementioned hours.
Those attending the Mark Twain Wild West Fest and the After Party Music Fest in Utica Park are advised to park in either the Bret Harte High School Parking lot or the Calaveras Fairgrounds Parking fields and take the complimentary shuttle buses to and from the festival. Shuttle buses will run round-the-clock from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm.
Additionally, with the forecast calling for a 20% to 60% potential chance of rain, the producers of the Mark Twain Wild West Fest wish to confirm the all day festival event, running from 10 am to 9 pm, will go on Rain or Shine.
The inimitable, immersive, description-defying, high-camp and whimsical Mark Twain Wild West Fest promises to be a living interpretation and celebration of the 19th Century Wild West Gold Rush-era of the Sierra Nevada Mother Lode.
- What: The Mark Twain Wild West Fest presented by the Angels Camp Commemorative Committee – http://www.marktwainwildwestfest.com
- When: Saturday, October 15, 2016
- Time: 10 am to 9 pm – Street Festival from 10 am to 5 pm
- Utica Park Evening Music Festival: 5 pm to 9 pm
- Where: Highway 49, “Main Street” Angels Camp, California. Google Map:
- Admission: FREE!
- Age: All Ages and 21+ to drink alcoholic beverages.
- Attire: Period costumes strongly encouraged. Wild West, Western, Gold Rush, Edwardian, Victorian, Gothic and even Steampunk.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/marktwainwildwestfest
- Public Transportation and Parking: Complimentary shuttle service will be provided from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm from the parking lots at the Bret Harte High School (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/Zg4PW59CVyu) and the Calaveras County Fairgrounds (Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/hg92yEuxhYN2).